· 400 gr. Carnaroli rice
· 1 onion finely sliced or chopped
· 1 butternut, cubed
· 20 gr. Butter
· 2 glasses dry white wine
· Chicken stock fresh
· 50gr. Good quality butter
· 50gr. Freshly grated 24 months parmesan cheese
· Heat the oven to 190 degrees. Peel and cube the butternut into 1cm cubes and roast in the oven until very soft and slightly caramelized.
· Using a hand blender, purée half of the butternut to become a creamy purée.
· In a pot melt the butter and add the onions
· Cover with a tight lid and let cook as long as you can without letting them brown
· As soon as they start browning add the wine and let evaporate on slow temp
· Add the rice and let fry for 1 to 2 min.
· Start adding boiling stock (fresh chicken stock or chicken knorr) a bit at the time till rice is nearly cooked through.
· Add the butternut puree and the butternut cubes to the risotto and finish cooking for another few minutes until the rice is cooked through.
· Add the butter and parmesan and season with salt and pepper